Monday, September 21, 2015

Petoji Day 22: Ride Report

Day 22: Camilla, GA to Waycross, GA

 



Strava Link: Petoji Day 22


As usual, I was a little tired after a long day. My legs didn't feel good at all. I'm sure part of it was the 169 miles I rode on Day 21 and part of it was me being a little mentally checked out. As far as I was concerned, Petoji was over. I probably didn't have enough respect for these 121 miles. Any time you let your guard down it comes back to haunt you.

My legs were just garbage. I spent an hour's worth of off-bike time throughout the day just trying to find some sort of second wind. It never really came. It's a shame, because the route was a good one.

This was the day my wife flew in to meet me in Waycross. It was good to see her again and good to show her that maybe I am crazy, but I wasn't wrong when I said I could do this. Maybe she had her doubts, but she did support me along the way and I couldn't have done it without her help. We had a big dinner that night and I ate way too much. 60 miles to go.