Monday, September 21, 2015

Petoji Day 17: Ride Report

Day 17: Caddo Valley, AR to Lake Village, AR

 



Strava Link: Petoji Day 17


This was my last full day in Arkansas and it was a tough one. It was the 3rd day in a row of 135+ miles and the wind was stronger than the last two days. As a result, I was slow and it was a long day. 

Believe it or not, I was actually sad to see Arkansas go. It may not have a great reputation, but it's actually a good place to ride. The mountains near Mena are fantastic and the rest of the route across the state was mostly rural forest land with rolling hills. I never felt unsafe on any of the roads. There seemed to be a shoulder when I needed one and when there wasn't, the traffic was nice and low. Props to Arkansas. It was my favorite state east of the Continental Divide.