Monday, September 21, 2015

Petoji Day 18: Ride Report

Day 18: Lake Village, AR to Kosciusko, MS

 



Strava Link: Petoji Day 18


Day 18 was a day of symbolic importance. I crossed the mighty Mississippi River. The day was a 126-mile ride and the first 80 miles or so were pan flat. If you look at the elevation profile you'll see one little hill, which is actually the bridge over the Mississippi River.

I ended up getting rained on a few times throughout the day, but the good news is that the clouds kept the temperature low. I felt pretty good on Day 18, and I'm not sure if I had good legs or if the wind was more in my favor. Either way, I got done relatively early and had some time to relax and look forward to another short day on Day 19.

Day 18 was one of those days where I spent too much time on the highway. Highway 12 wasn't the best and when I look at the map it looks like there were some decent alternative routes along the way. Again, if I had a little more time this is a day that would benefit from a few more country roads instead of Highway 12 straight across.