Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Training Update: March

After a slow February, I picked things up a little in March. I had 1,400 miles for the month and 9 centuries. (For the year I'm sitting at 3,700 miles and 23 centuries.) Most importantly, I was able to complete a 4-day block of training where I averaged 119 miles per day. There's more detail on those 4 days here if you're interested.

I felt good during the 4-day block and I'm getting a better feel for how I have to pace myself for multiple long days in a row. However, 4 days is less than 20% of what I'll need to do for Petoji. I feel good about my progress so far, but I still understand that I have a lot more work to do.

Towards the end of May I might have time to fit in a 9-day block of training, so I'm going to use April to focus on back-to-back rides. I want to do 2 100-mile rides in a row on 3 of the 4 weekends. I also want to squeeze in one double century. There are a few days around 170 miles, so I want a few doubles in the bank before Petoji.

There won't be any long training blocks, but April should be a busy month and May will be even more important.